Fries 'N' Beef Bake Recipe
My family never turns down the casserole loaded with ground bee, fries and flavor. The day after I make it, I reheat the leftovers for a quick meal.—Doris Pfohl, St. Jacobs, Ontario
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound frozen crinkle-cut French fries, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the French fries, peas and meat mixture. Repeat layers.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the soup, water, ketchup, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 286 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Fries 'N' Beef Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC