Fries 'N' Beef Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound frozen crinkle-cut French fries, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the French fries, peas and meat mixture. Repeat layers.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the soup, water, ketchup, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 286 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Fries 'N' Beef Bake
"My husband and kids absolutely loved this dish. I thought it was okay. Found it to be a bit on the dry side and lacking in flavor, but the rest of my family completely disagreed with me, so clearly it was just a matter of personal preference. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can add and subtract ingredients to suit your taste so it's definitely a keeper."
"This is a recipe that kids would like. I doubled the amt of hamburger, as I have hungry teenage boys. However, I was afraid it would be too dry, with just 1 can of soup and 3/4 cup water, but it came out fine. An easy, 1-pot comfort-food meal."
"my husband liked this so much that I had to make it twice in one week. The second time around I used mixed vegetables and put shredded cheese on top for the last 5 minutes of bake time."
"This recipe is just okay. I'll eat what's left of this batch, but I wouldn't make it again."