- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound frozen crinkle-cut French fries, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the French fries, peas and meat mixture. Repeat layers.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, water, ketchup, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Fries 'N' Beef Bake
Sort By :
My husband and kids absolutely loved this dish. I thought it was okay. Found it to be a bit on the dry side and lacking in flavor, but the rest of my family completely disagreed with me, so clearly it was just a matter of personal preference. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can add and subtract ingredients to suit your taste so it's definitely a keeper.
This is a recipe that kids would like. I doubled the amt of hamburger, as I have hungry teenage boys. However, I was afraid it would be too dry, with just 1 can of soup and 3/4 cup water, but it came out fine. An easy, 1-pot comfort-food meal.
my husband liked this so much that I had to make it twice in one week. The second time around I used mixed vegetables and put shredded cheese on top for the last 5 minutes of bake time.
This recipe is just okay. I'll eat what's left of this batch, but I wouldn't make it again.