I keep batches of the brownie mix on hand so my son Travis can whip up a pan of these chewy treats in a snap. All he has to do is add eggs, oil and vanilla.—Travis Burkholder, Middleburg, Pennsylvania
- BROWNIE MIX:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the flour into a 1-qt. glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Layer with brown sugar, salt, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, chocolate chips and nuts (do not mix). Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare brownies: In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir in the brownie mix until well combined.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 34-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 brownies.
Originally published as Friendship Brownies in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p14
Reviews for Friendship Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review