- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Additional oil for frying
- 12 large freshly picked squash blossoms
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, garlic salt and cumin. In another bowl, beat egg, milk and oil; add to dry ingredients and stir until smooth. In a skillet, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Dip blossoms into batter and fry in oil a few at a time until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFried Squash Blossoms Snack
"I've tried lots of recipes and keep coming back to this one since 1995! The cumin gives it such a nice flavor you really can't skip that ingredient! I love these on a BLT! YUM!"