Fried Shoestring Carrots Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 10 cups shredded carrots
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Stir in carrots. In a small bowl, combine the remaining salt, cayenne and pepper; set aside.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop spoonfuls of carrot mixture, a few at a time, into oil; cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with reserved seasoning mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Fried Shoestring Carrots(1)
Sort By :
I just happen to find this recipe when looking for something else on TOH - had a chance to make this over the weekend (football season!) and boy, was it a hit - the men really like them (must be the spices) will be making these a lot during foot ball season!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >