Fried Rice with Chicken
"I love fixing this recipe for my husband and me," writes Susan Johnson of Rockford, Illinois. "Every time I make it. I try adding something new. I love to serve it with sweet sour sauce."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels. In the drippings, saute the chicken, carrots and
- celery until chicken juices run clear; remove and keep warm. In the
- same skillet, scramble eggs over medium heat, breaking into small
- pieces. Stir in the chicken mixture, rice, soy sauce and bacon.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 566 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 298 mg cholesterol, 1,315 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein.