Fried Rice with Bacon
Crispy bacon gives this fried rice recipe a delicious difference. The sauteed leeks and onion season the rice nicely and give it an appealing look. It goes great with my mom's baked salmon.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute leeks and onion in oil until tender, about
- 10 minutes. Add the rice and salt; cook until lightly browned,
- stirring frequently. Quickly stir in the egg until blended; cook and
- stir until egg is completely cooked.Sprinkle with the bacon and
- pepper. Yield: 6 servings.