- 1/4 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the rice, chicken, vegetable blend and teriyaki sauce until heated through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon rice mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Fried Rice Omelet in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p21
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Fried Rice Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2013
"this was a great, tasty, light and relatively healthy omelet. I made with our farm fresh eggs. Will use less water in egg next time."