- 1/4 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the rice, chicken, vegetable blend and teriyaki sauce until heated through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon rice mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Fried Rice Omelet
Sort By :
this was a great, tasty, light and relatively healthy omelet. I made with our farm fresh eggs. Will use less water in egg next time.