Fried Rice Omelet
Here's a fun way to use up leftover chicken and cooked rice. This delightful omelet is perfect for dinner. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the
- rice, chicken, vegetable blend and teriyaki sauce until heated
- through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the
- eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture
- should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon rice mixture
- on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a
- plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 omelet equals 448 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 692 mg cholesterol, 941 mg sodium,