Fried Rice Omelet Recipe
Here's a fun way to use up leftover chicken and cooked rice. This delightful omelet is perfect for dinner. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the rice, chicken, vegetable blend and teriyaki sauce until heated through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon rice mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
1 omelet: 448 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 692mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Fried Rice Omelet
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC