VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the rice, chicken, vegetable blend and teriyaki sauce until heated through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon rice mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Fried Rice Omelet in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p21
Reviews forFried Rice Omelet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2013
"this was a great, tasty, light and relatively healthy omelet. I made with our farm fresh eggs. Will use less water in egg next time."