Fried Onions and Apples Recipe
- 3 large yellow onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 large tart red apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Place apples on top of onions. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 5 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Fried Onions and Apples(2)
Sort By :
I would never have dreamed o combining apples and onions, but the result was delicious. Thank you for sharing your fine recipe.
We've been making this side dish for over 10 years now. It's always a favorite, especially with pork chops. Every fall when the apples are in season, we make it several times. I halve the recipe for my smaller family. Yum!