Fried Onion Rings
These crispy burger toppers add an extra element to already-fantastic burgers. They're also perfect for giving your salads a little crunch. Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large onion, very thinly sliced
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Separate onion
- slices into rings. Dip rings into batter. In a deep-fat fryer, heat
- 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry onion rings in batches for 1 to 1-1/2
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 71 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.