Fried Mustard Cubed Steaks
Fried Mustard Cubed Steaks are a cinch to make but look like you fussed, writes Lori Shepherd of Warsaw, Indiana. “Instead of Dijon, you can use regular mustard, hot-and-spicy mustard or your favorite variety.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 jar (10 ounces) Dijon mustard
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 6 beef cubed steaks (1/3 pound each)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a large resealable bag, combine mustard and water; add steaks.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and
- discard marinade.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dip steaks in
- flour mixture. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to
- Fry steaks, two at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until
- crisp and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now