Fried Mustard Cubed Steaks Recipe
Fried Mustard Cubed Steaks are a cinch to make but look like you fussed, writes Lori Shepherd of Warsaw, Indiana. “Instead of Dijon, you can use regular mustard, hot-and-spicy mustard or your favorite variety.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 jar (10 ounces) Dijon mustard
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 6 beef cubed steaks (1/3 pound each)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for frying
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine mustard and water; add steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dip steaks in flour mixture. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°.
- 3. Fry steaks, two at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC