- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In a shallow dish, beat eggs and water. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Add mushrooms to the flour mixture; seal bag and shake to coat. Dip in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a deep saucepan, electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry mushrooms, six to eight at a time, for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fried Mushrooms Marinara
Sort By :
Absolutely awesome! I only made 1/2 recipe for the 4 of us. The leftovers heated up marvelously in the microwave, keeping their crispness and taste.
I saw this recipe for the first time on yesterday while @ work and went to the market and home and made it. IT WAS FABULOUS!! The only thing different I did was to add some onion and garlic powders in the flour mix and it was good to go. Thank you so muchto the creator for this dish. They were so meaty...YUM!!
omg these r soo good thx u
this sounds sooooo good, i cant wait to give em a try!! I love mushrooms,,, so yea