Fried Jalapenos Recipe
Here's an appetizer that will heat up any gathering. Family and friends often request that I make these jalapenos.
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) whole jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 jar (5 ounces) olive-pimiento cheese spread
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Canola oil
- 1. Cut off stems and remove seeds from peppers. Stuff with cheese spread. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons cornmeal, salt, pepper and buttermilk until smooth; set aside. In another shallow bowl, combine remaining flour and cornmeal. Dip stuffed peppers into buttermilk batter, then dredge in flour mixture.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry peppers, a few at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 jalapeno equals 90 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC