Fried Jalapenos Recipe
Here's an appetizer that will heat up any gathering. Family and friends often request that I make these jalapenos.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) whole jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 jar (5 ounces) olive-pimiento cheese spread
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Vegetable oil
- 1. Cut off stems and remove seeds from peppers. Stuff with cheese spread. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup of flour, 2 tablespoons cornmeal, salt, pepper and buttermilk until smooth; set aside. In another shallow bowl, combine remaining flour and cornmeal. Dip stuffed peppers into buttermilk batter, then dredge in flour mixture.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry peppers, two or three at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC