Fried Ice Cream Recipe
Refrigerated pie crust sprinkled with cinnamon sugar makes short work of this eye-catching, mouthwatering treat from our Test Kitchen. TIP: Keep a batch of these handy scoops in your freezer for impromptu entertaining all year long.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry onto an ungreased baking sheet. Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Place pastry in a large resealable plastic bag; crush to form coarse crumbs. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Using a 1/2-cup ice cream scoop, drop a scoop of ice cream into crumbs; roll quickly to coat and shape into a ball. Transfer to a wax paper-lined baking sheet; place in freezer. Repeat seven times; freeze until firm, 1-2 hours.
- 3. To serve, heat oil to 375° in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer. Fry ice cream balls until golden, 8-10 seconds. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately in chilled dishes. Drizzle with honey. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fried Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC