Fried Ice Cream Recipe
Refrigerated pie crust sprinkled with cinnamon sugar makes short work of this eye-catching, mouthwatering treat from our Test Kitchen. TIP: Keep a batch of these handy scoops in your freezer for impromptu entertaining all year long.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Unroll pastry onto an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Place pastry in a large resealable plastic bag; coarsely crush. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Using a 1/2-cup ice cream scoop, form eight scoops of ice cream. Roll in pastry crumbs. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry ice cream balls for 8-10 seconds or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Immediately place in chilled bowls; drizzle with honey and serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fried Ice Cream in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p28
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fried Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review