- in flour, eggs, then bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, fry tomatoes in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on
- each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Layer 12
- tomato slices with 1 tablespoon pesto and 1 tablespoon goat cheese;
- top with remaining tomato slices. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 168 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.