- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika
- 3 medium green tomatoes, sliced
- 12 bacon strips
- 12 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Leaf lettuce, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard
- In a shallow dish, combine flour and seasonings; dip tomatoes in the mixture and set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, cook tomatoes for 2 minutes on each side; drain on paper towels.
- Place six slices of toast on a baking sheet. Layer with three tomato slices, two bacon strips and a cheese slice. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce if desired.
- Spread mayonnaise and mustard on remaining toast if desired; place over lettuce. Yield: 6 sandwiches.
Reviews for Fried Green Tomato Sandwiches
Sort By :
Love it; was perfect in every way.I have used various coatings and it came out fine though my favorite is cornmeal mixed evenly with flour. Happy grazing!!
In stead of flour on your green tomatoes try fine soda cracker crumbs, much, much better.
Haven't made it yet, but I know my tastebuds!
Delicious! I cut each sandwich into fourths and served them as a heavy appetizer.