Fried Garlic Toast
I serve this fast toast with many meals and as a snack. For a change, sprinkle on onion powder instead of the garlic powder or use a favorite herb seasoning.—Leah Carrell, Quitman, Texas
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices white bread, halved
- Melt butter over low heat in a skillet or griddle. Sprinkle with
- garlic powder. Fry bread until golden brown on both sides. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 84 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.