Fried Fish Nuggets Recipe
"My family always requests these cheesy fish bites during our annual fishing trip in Canada," reports Lynn Negaard of Litchfield, Minnesota. You can use most any leftover fish with tasty results.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups flaked cooked fish
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Tartar sauce, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in the fish. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry fish nuggets, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides; drain on paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC