"My family always requests these cheesy fish bites during our annual fishing trip in Canada," reports Lynn Negaard of Litchfield, Minnesota. You can use most any leftover fish with tasty results.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups flaked cooked fish
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in the fish. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry fish nuggets, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides; drain on paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Fried Fish Nuggets in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fried Fish Nuggets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2009
"My kids and the stayover guests all enjoyed these immensely."