- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups flaked cooked fish
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in the fish. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry fish nuggets, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides; drain on paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Fried Fish Nuggets in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fried Fish Nuggets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2009
My kids and the stayover guests all enjoyed these immensely.