If you're watching calories, fry eggs in a nonstick pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- In a 7- or 8-in. skillet or omelet pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Break eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer, then gently
- slide into the pan. Immediately reduce heat to low. Cook slowly
- until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken.
- For eggs sunny-side up, cover pan and cook until yolks thicken, but
- are not hard. For basted eggs, spoon butter in pan over eggs while
- cooking. For over-easy eggs, carefully turn eggs to cook both sides
- but do not cover pan. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 175 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 243 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein.