You may be surprised when you see how easy it is to make a batch of Fried Dill Pickels. Don't be surprised if they get snatched up in a flash! —Eloise Maynor, Scottsboro, AL
Recommended: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
- 1 jar (32 ounces) whole dill pickles
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- Drain pickles, discarding liquid. Cut pickles into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Drain on paper towels; blot with additional paper towels until dry.
- In a shallow bowl, mix buttermilk and hot sauce. In another shallow bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, garlic salt, paprika, cayenne pepper and pepper. Dip pickles in buttermilk mixture, then in flour mixture. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Working in batches, fry pickles 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with ranch dressing, if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Fried Dill Pickles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p90
Reviews for Fried Dill Pickles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review