Fried Dill Pickle Coins
If you've never tried fried pickles, step up to the plate and try these puffy golden bites. They're a delicious accompaniment to a burger or a sandwich. For a fun and different appetizer, serve fried pickle slices with ranch dressing for a dip.
Arthurdale, West Virginia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups thin dill pickle slices, drained
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another
- bowl, beat eggs and milk. Blot pickles with paper towels to remove
- moisture. Coat pickles with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture;
- coat again with flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- pickles, about 10 at a time, for 3 minutes or until golden brown,
- turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with ranch dressing
- if desired. Yield: 8 servings.