Fried Cinnamon Strips Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Vegetable oil
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- 2. Cut tortillas into 3-in. x 2-in. strips. Heat 1 in. of oil in a skillet or electric fry pan to 375°; fry 4-5 strips at a time for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. While still warm, place strips in bag with sugar mixture; shake gently to coat. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 112 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.