Fried Cinnamon Strips
"I first made these crispy strips for a special family night at our church," recalls field editor Nancy Johnson of Laverne, Oklahoma. "Most of them were snapped up before dinner!"
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Vegetable oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sugar, cinnamon and
- nutmeg; set aside.
- Cut tortillas into 3-in. x 2-in. strips. Heat 1 in. of oil in a
- skillet or electric fry pan to 375°; fry 4-5 strips at a time
- for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper
- While still warm, place strips in bag with sugar mixture; shake
- gently to coat. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 112 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.