"I first made these crispy strips for a special family night at our church," recalls field editor Nancy Johnson of Laverne, Oklahoma. "Most of them were snapped up before dinner!"
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Vegetable oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- Cut tortillas into 3-in. x 2-in. strips. Heat 1 in. of oil in a skillet or electric fry pan to 375°; fry 4-5 strips at a time for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- While still warm, place strips in bag with sugar mixture; shake gently to coat. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Fried Cinnamon Strips in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p64
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fried Cinnamon Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review