- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Vegetable oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- Cut tortillas into 3-in. x 2-in. strips. Heat 1 in. of oil in a skillet or electric fry pan to 375°; fry 4-5 strips at a time for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- While still warm, place strips in bag with sugar mixture; shake gently to coat. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forFried Cinnamon Strips
"These are so good and addictive!! I served them with a fruit salsa and they were a great hit."
"These are wonderful, and so easy!"
"Very tasty and so so super simple!! Maybe not the healthiest choice, but great on occasion. I'm not big on sweets (or anything with nutmeg so I cut it in half) but my family loved these and I was surprised that I enjoyed them as well!"
"Fried cinnamon strips turn out so good to eat, my family eats them as fast as they can. It's an awesome treat and we make it whenever we have all the ingredients."
"Made these for dessert tonight to go with our taco dinner. The kids LOVED them. I used vegetable oil for cooking them and would recommend setting up "stations": one with the cut-up tortillas, one with a plate with a paper towel on it and a container to put the finished tortillas in after you cover them with sugar/cinnamon. If you cut up the tortillas a little larger you don't feel like you are cooking and cooking and cooking. (I could only cook 4/5 at a time as the recipe stated in the directions.) Also, wait until the tortillas are warm, not hot--I melted my plastic bag!"
"I made these for the first time at Christmas. Wonderful!! People thought it was homemade dough, and it reminds me of an elephant ear."