"BACK WHEN we used farm-fresh ingredients, our foods didn't need much embellishment to make them look and taste better. We always prepared our chickens the day before and cooked them simply." —Sandra Anderson, New York, New York
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first four ingredients.
- With paper towels, pat chicken dry; add to bag, a few pieces at a
- time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/2 in. of oil; fry
- chicken until browned on all sides. Reduce heat; cover and cook for
- 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally.
- Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer. Drain on paper towels.
- Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now