Fried Chicken Tenders
Any night is the perfect night for a fried chicken dinner. But this is no take-out chicken, this is Shirley's quick and easy recipe for Fried Chicken Tenders that utilizes sesame crackers as a crust. Shirley Little - Alvord, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 package (8 ounces) sesame crackers, crushed (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope instant chicken gravy mix, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine eggs and water. Dip chicken in egg
- mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs. In an electric skillet, heat
- oil to 375°. Fry chicken strips, a few at a time, for 5-6
- minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy mix according to package directions if
- desired. Serve with chicken strips. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 chicken tenders (calculated without gravy) equals 561 calories, 29 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 474 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 30 g protein.