Any night is the perfect night for a fried chicken dinner. But this is no take-out chicken, this is Shirley's quick and easy recipe for Fried Chicken Tenders that utilizes sesame crackers as a crust. Shirley Little - Alvord, Texas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 package (8 ounces) sesame crackers, crushed (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope instant chicken gravy mix, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine eggs and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs. In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken strips, a few at a time, for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy mix according to package directions if desired. Serve with chicken strips. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fried Chicken Tenders in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p27
Reviews for Fried Chicken Tenders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review