Fried Chicken Strips
I recently made this recipe of Mom's for my in-laws and they told me it was the "best fried chicken ever." Slicing the chicken breasts into strips cuts down on cooking time and ensures every piece is crunchy and evenly coated. Serve it with your favorite dipping sauce. —Genny Monchamp, Redding, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-2/3 cups crushed saltines (about 80 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Oil for frying
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another
- shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then
- cracker mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or
- until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 6 servings.