These pitas are very different from your usual chicken sandwiches—they use leftover fried chicken! No one will be able to resist these tasty treats. —Jennifer Veneziano, Carmel, Indiana
- 3 cups thinly sliced fried chicken (including crispy skin)
- 1 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions with tops
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pita bread halves
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, dressing, bacon, onions, mustard and pepper. Spoon into pita bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fried Chicken Pitas in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p27
Reviews for Fried Chicken Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review