Fried Chicken Nuggets
In El Dorado, Arkansas, Dorothy Smith stirs together pancake mix and lemon-lime soda to create the quick coating for these tender chicken chunks.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2-2/3 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1-1/2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Place chicken in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on
- high for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear, stirring every 2
- minutes; drain. In a shallow bowl, combine the pancake mix, soda and
- Heat oil in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer to 375°. Dip
- chicken cubes into batter; fry in oil, in batches, for about 2
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked chicken equals 383 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.