Fried Chicken Nuggets Recipe
In El Dorado, Arkansas, Dorothy Smith stirs together pancake mix and lemon-lime soda to create the quick coating for these tender chicken chunks.
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2-2/3 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1-1/2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Place chicken in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear, stirring every 2 minutes; drain. In a shallow bowl, combine the pancake mix, soda and butter.
- Heat oil in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer to 375°. Dip chicken cubes into batter; fry in oil, in batches, for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Fried Chicken Nuggets in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p9
Reviews for Fried Chicken Nuggets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Nuggets >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Fried Chicken >
- Fried Chicken Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >