Fried Chicken Coating Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 3 batches (2-1/2 cups total).
- 2. To prepare chicken: Place about 3/4 cup of coating in a large resealable plastic bag. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, then place in the bag; seal and shake until coated.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides; remove to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 515 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 242 mg cholesterol, 1,341 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 49 g protein.
Reviews for Fried Chicken Coating
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.