Fried Chicken Coating Mix Recipe
Meet the Cook: My family - husband and our two sons, 11 and 8 - tell me they'd like me to fix chicken with this coating mix all of the time. I've had the recipe for years. In fact, I can't remember how I got it...just my many additions and deletions. -Dawn Supina, Edmonton, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:12-18 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Oil for frying
- 1. Combine the first nine ingredients; store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 cups coating mix (enough for 3 batches of chicken).
- 2. To prepare chicken: In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. Place 3/4 cup coating mix in a large resealable plastic bag. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then add to the bag, a few pieces at a time; shake to coat.
- 3. Heat 1/4 in. of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides; transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings per batch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC