Fried Cheese Ravioli Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 cup marinara sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain and pat dry. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and basil. Dip ravioli in eggs, then in bread crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium heat. Fry ravioli in batches for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown and crispy; drain on paper towels. Halfway through frying, replace the oil; wipe out skillet with paper towels if necessary.
- 3. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 ravioli with 1 teaspoon marinara sauce (calculated without additional Parmesan) equals 37 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.