Be sure to make enough of these crispy, coated ravioli. They're bound to be the hit of your party. The golden-brown pillows are easy to pick up and dip in tomatoey sauce. —Kate Dampier, Quail Valley, California
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 cup marinara sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain and pat dry. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and basil. Dip ravioli in eggs, then in bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium heat. Fry ravioli in batches for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown and crispy; drain on paper towels. Halfway through frying, replace the oil; wipe out skillet with paper towels if necessary.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Fried Cheese Ravioli in Country Woman December/January 2009, p26
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fried Cheese Ravioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review