Fried Cheese Ravioli Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 cup marinara sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain and pat dry. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and basil. Dip ravioli in eggs, then in bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium heat. Fry ravioli in batches for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown and crispy; drain on paper towels. Halfway through frying, replace the oil; wipe out skillet with paper towels if necessary.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fried Cheese Ravioli(4)
Sort By :
It might have been considered low fat because it has less than 1g. per ravioli. When I submitted the recipe, it was not under a low fat category.
Awesome... who cares if it's fried and has cheese. Fantastic APPETIZER, PEOPLE LOVE IT, EASY TO MAKE, TASTE GREAT! GREAT REVIEWS FROM ALL
These were delicious and for others out there watching their calories, the nutritional information is listed above. if you feel this isn't an appropriate recipe for your diet, then so be it. But you don't need to make such negative comments, keep them to yourself. Didn't your mother ever teach you manners? Thanks for a great recipe!
I didn't make this, but how can this possibly be in the category of "Low Fat" recipes? Does anyone review these before they get categorized? Fried cheese is not a low fat item.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >