Fried Cheese Nuggets
There's just something about cheese that folks can't resist, and these deep-fried cheese nuggets are no exception. I barely finish making a batch before they disappear!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 package (10 ounces) extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and sesame seeds. In another
- shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Cut cheese into 3/4-in. cubes;
- dip in eggs, then coat with crumb mixture. Refrigerate for 15
- minutes or until coating is set.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. oil to 375°.
- Fry cheese cubes for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper
- towels. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.