Fried Bluegill Fillets
"The secret to this recipe is double-dipping the fish fillets," writes Doug Wright of Maize, Kansas.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 pounds bluegill or crappie fillets
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another
- bowl, whisk eggs. Dip fillets in eggs, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Dip again in eggs and crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook fillets in batches in
- 2 tablespoons oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork, adding oil as needed. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 473 calories, 29 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 325 mg cholesterol, 707 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.