- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 pounds bluegill or crappie fillets
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs. Dip fillets in eggs, then coat with crumb mixture. Dip again in eggs and crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook fillets in batches in 2 tablespoons oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, adding oil as needed. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fried Bluegill Fillets in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p62
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fried Bluegill Fillets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review