Fried Asparagus Recipe
This battered asparagus is a favorite at events. It's fun to eat with a side of Ranch dressing for dipping. —Lori Kimble, Montgomery, Alabama
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 egg whites
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Ranch salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine beer and egg whites; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Dip asparagus into batter.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry asparagus in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with ranch dressing. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Fried Asparagus
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2013
"first time and will keep trying, over and over till I can master it. What I did was good but had to must batter, but still good"
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2010
"These are awesome! I'm not big on frying but I will do it for this recipe."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC