Fried Apples and Onions
"I was surprised to see how quickly my friends gobbled this dish up," chuckles Sue Davis, Wausau, Wisconsin. "Excusing myself, I flew into the kitchen, chopped up more onions and apples, quickly fried them and brought out another steaming dish. That one disappeared, too!"
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 medium onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 medium tart red apples, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large skillet, cook the onions in butter over medium heat for
- 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Top with apples; sprinkle with
- brown sugar. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until apples are
- tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 151 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.