Fried Apple Rings
Four ingredients and a skillet are all that you'll need for these delightful apple rings that Mary Jane Ruther cooks in her Trenton, New Jersey kitchen. Serve them as a sweet side dish alongside pork...or for dessert.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 medium tart apple, cored
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar and lemon
- juice. Cut the apple into four rings; add to skillet. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until apple rings are tender,
- turning frequently. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 107 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.