Fresh Zesty Salsa Recipe
- 8 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (seeded if desired)
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3-1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Keeps up to 1 week. Yield: 8 cups.
One 1/4-cup serving equals 16 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.