Fresh Veggie Pockets Recipe
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- 4 wheat pita breads, halved
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sunflower kernels and seasoned salt; spread about 2 tablespoons on the inside of each pita half. Layer with the tomato, cucumber, mushrooms and avocado. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Veggie Pockets
Sort By :
"The cream cheese mixture was something different for me, and it was very good. I liked the combination of veggies given in the recipe, very colorful."
"Loved this, its fresh, healthy and light! I added red and green bell peppers...you could probably do any veggies you like it was fantastic."