Fresh Vegetable Stew Recipe
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound pattypan squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-in pieces
- 1-1/4 cups fresh sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add squash, tomatoes and beans. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Add corn, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until corn is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup: 59 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 vegetable
Reviews for Fresh Vegetable Stew
"For something so simple, it's really tasty, though I have a feeling that further into squash season it'd be less appreciated."