Sunny, colorful and brimming with garden flavor, this easy stovetop dish from the United Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Assn. stirs in several different squashes along with other favorite veggies.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound pattypan squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-in pieces
- 1-1/4 cups fresh sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add squash, tomatoes and beans. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Add corn, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until corn is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Vegetable Stew in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p13
Reviews for Fresh Vegetable Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review