- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound pattypan squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-in pieces
- 1-1/4 cups fresh sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add squash, tomatoes and beans. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Add corn, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until corn is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Vegetable Stew in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p13
Reviews for Fresh Vegetable Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2009
"For something so simple, it's really tasty, though I have a feeling that further into squash season it'd be less appreciated."