Fresh Vegetable Pasta Salad Recipe
THIS colorful pasta salad is a family favorite and one I make often because I love fresh vegetables. It's a meal in itself or a side dish compatible with any cut of meat. It's also any easy salad I often bring along to a pot luck supper.
- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1/4 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and yellow pepper in boiling water for 2 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain well; place in a bowl. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 218 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Vegetable Pasta Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC