Fresh Vegetable Pasta Salad
THIS colorful pasta salad is a family favorite and one I make often because I love fresh vegetables. It's a meal in itself or a side dish compatible with any cut of meat. It's also any easy salad I often bring along to a pot luck supper.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1/4 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, cook the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and yellow pepper
- in boiling water for 2 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain well;
- place in a bowl. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to
- vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve on
- lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 218 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.